Wednesday, September 9, 2009

No, kay, and smiles

"No" and "Kay" are spoken quite frequently around here these days. Bennett understands every question we ask her, but now she responds. And it is usually, "No, Mommy, no no no." Then I change the question and give her another option and she responds with, "kay." She says it in this sweet little voice that words cannot capture.

Will can't quite answer me yet, but he sure can smile. He is an incredibly expressive little one and he will just stare and smile and coo for the longest time. I took him to our church nursery today and all the ladies were fawning over his smile. It melts me of course, but I love it when others are charmed by him as well.

I just asked Bennett if she wanted to go to bed and she cried and said, "No, no, no." So then I asked her if she wanted to snuggle with her puppy, read books, and then get tucked in and she sighed and said, "Kay, Mommy." She kills me. Now I am watching Will smile at his Daddy and I can't help but think that life is pretty good these days.

Oh, and Rob wants me to post this picture. It's his favorite. He calls it "Kung Fu, Bennett." We took this on the farm as she was stalking chickens. All bock bocks beware.

1 comment:

Anna said...

love that kung fu fighter baby! her language skills constantly amaze me! hugs to yall!