Thursday, May 21, 2009

Two awkward conversations

I had to call my health care provider yesterday to see if circumcision was covered under our policy. I got a young man on the other line who couldn't have been older than 18. He giggled a lot at my question. I felt awkward. He kept making me repeat my question. I think it was on purpose. He giggled more. He told me that we were covered and should be good to go. Then he giggled as I hung up.

I also met my new post man yesterday. He was a little off. You know what I mean. He stopped me in the front yard of my new house to tell me the "rules." I was slightly taken aback. I have never had a post man explain rules to me before. He told me that under no circumstance was anyone to park in front of the mailboxes. I told him that I knew that. He stared at me. I told him that there had been a lot of workers at our house and asked him if there had been a problem. He told me that there hadn't been. Just not to ever do it. I stared back at him and said, "Okay." He walked off and said, "Just wanted to tell you the rules." I felt like yelling at him that his rule was a pretty universal one, but I let it go. I still had a giggling call center boy in my head and didn't want to talk anymore.

2 comments:

Anna said...

haha! ok. i had to laugh. seriously though. that's so inappropriate. i'd be making a call to some manager for your insurance company! mailman? sounds like he needs to take a chill pill! i hope he's nicer in the future! i think i'd park in front of the mailbox just to spite him. oh wait, i'm not that passive! ;) have a happy friday!!!

Erin said...

I would have given anything if I could have been a fly on a wall watching your facial expressions while having those conversations! I know those expressions all too well, and they make me laugh !! So, does your insurance cover it??? I hope so :)