Monday, October 19, 2009

She thinks I'm a genius

This morning I was drinking coffee and unloading the dishwasher. I had the Today show on. I needed to know if Balloon Boy's parents would be arrested. Will was asleep and Bennett was playing with her Alphabet letter magnets. Okay, she was eating them, but we're working on it.

I guess she grew tired of Matt Lauer. She ran and got the remote control and brought it to me. She said, "Okay, Elmo? Please Elmo?" What to do? It wasn't time for Elmo and the DVD player had some random DVD in it from a failed attempt at a movie night. My hands were covered in soap and I was about to force little B to go back and learn letters instead of watching TV.

Then I looked at the clock. I was wrong. It was the exact time for Elmo to start. I changed channels right as Elmo came on. Bennett thought I was a genius and magic. She thought that I made Elmo appear at the exact moment she requested it. She started clapping and said, "Yay, Mommy! Yay, Mommy." Indeed.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Of course you are a genius! Everyone knows that!! :)