Monday, December 1, 2008

Phase One

Rob left for Kansas City on Saturday evening. I am almost relieved in a way. Not that he's gone, but that the move is finally starting to happen. We have known about this since September and it has been almost like taking a band aid off very slowly. It has been painful and hard, and emotionally, I am just ready to go.

It was hard being at church yesterday without him. I missed him terribly. I would walk through the atrium and he wouldn't be up on the plasma screens, or I would walk in the green room expecting him to be there laughing with someone on the couch... it was hard. But it was a wonderful morning and I couldn't have been prouder of Jerrod and the praise band. They sounded amazing and I am so excited for Rob to hear them when he comes back to get me in a few weeks.

Our house hasn't sold yet. We have come close twice. One person had us in their top five and another in their top two, but they decided to go with a brand new house. It's draining. Being pregnant and having a newborn, I definitely feel the nesting instinct. I wish more than anything that we could move to KC and move into a home. I am thankful that the Lord provided a rental house that we could afford, but it will be hard living there indefinitely. I am a very organized person so the thought of a cramped house full of boxes with no end date set is hard. I would love to be able to get two nurseries ready and to baby proof the house with safety gates and locks. But at the same time, I have been to other countries and parts of Montgomery where people live in horrific conditions, so I feel ungrateful for saying that because I know how much the Lord has blessed us with.

Keep praying for us. Bennett is crawling everywhere. She will be in another room in 20 seconds if you aren't watching her. I am extremely sick with this new baby as well. I have felt a lot more tired and nauseous than I did with Bennett. Money is tight with a mortgage, rent, moving expenses, and now two kids. And also, I will be leaving my job, my home, all of my friends and my family in just a few weeks. But other than that, we don't have much going on. :-) I heard a quote recently that I love. It says, "I know it says that God won't give me more than I can handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much."

1 comment:

Carmen & Eddie said...

You have got your hands full!!! I am praying for you:) WHen do you and the babies make the move to KC?