Thursday, October 23, 2008

I've ruined her already

So my same friend Jen who told me to lay the kid in the front of the shopping cart got on to me again for feeding her Gerber baby food. She told me to just feed her off the table and to stop the expensive insanity. I told her that would only work if I cooked. Which I do. When I feel like it. But I can't mush up Bagel Bites every night so it might not work in our house.

But anyway, I took her advice to heart. I squashed a banana. She hated it. I pureed an apple. She turned up her nose. I mashed up some peas. She stared at me in disdain. I gave her some left over potatoes from last night (See, I actually cooked!!) and she looked at me and said, "Where the crap are my Stage 3 chicken and dumplings, Mom?"

So anyway, most of you are aware of my struggle with processed Gerber over au natural. I have declared a victor and I don't want to hear anymore about it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I hear you! Ella was and still is such a finicky eater! I just stick with what works, even if feeding her french fries and chicken nuggets all the time makes my grandmother want to pull her hair out. :-)

Love the new blog banner by the way!!

Unknown said...

Gerber is fine, Bethany ate it until she was 2.5 years old. If she did not have Gerber we would have had to put her on an all liquid diet due to her eating disorder. She grew and there is nothing wrong with her. Do what is best for you and Bennett.

Courtney said...

Yep. Grady is picky too. He loved that Gerber stuff, but I tried mashing fruit too and he would never touch it.I also swore I would never feed my kids McDonalds. Wanna know Grady's first sentance? He spoke it as we drove past the golden arches.
"Mommy, go get nugget!"
I am not joking.