Thursday, June 25, 2009

And so it continues...

Murphy has not left. He has set up permanent camp in our home. In addition to everything else I mentioned, a shutter fell off of our upstairs window, our roof needs some repair badly, and the folks we hired to come fix the shelves left a mess I can't even talk about without coughing.

They were coming yesterday to put a final stain, add some finish, and just do repair work that our contractor did not do. They said the fumes would be bad and that I needed to leave the house all day. So, I took Bennett to the mall. Keep in mind that the heat index here is 105, I am 9 months pregnant, and I have a daughter that loves her naps. Great.

After 2 hours of walking my ankles were the size of beach balls and I couldn't breathe. And if one more person offered to braid my hair, spray me with perfume, or get rid of my wrinkles, I thought I would scream. Stupid kiosks. We somehow made it to noon where we met Rob at Chick-Fil-A. (on a side note, can I please get an amen and a hallelujah from all Moms for Chick-Fil-A? What would we do without it?) Anyway, after lunch, a good friend of mine let me go to her house while she was at the beach. It was lovely to rest, but chasing (a now fully walking) Bennett all over a house that isn't baby proof for hours took whatever bit of energy I had left.

FINALLY, we made it back home. It was late in the afternoon, but Bennett needed a N-A-P right that second. And what did we find? Our driveway has stain all over it and our house was covered in this white film. There's not other way to describe it. It was EVERYWHERE! This white powdery stuff that they sprayed on our shelves was all over our couches, our blinds, our counter tops, every toy... everything! And the house smelled so bad it made me sick upon entry.

I called Rob in tears and scrapped plans for eating dinner at home. We took a very tired and cranky Bennett out to dinner where the sleepy child made every patron in the restaurant miserable. We then went to Wal-Mart, bought fans, came home, opened every window, and turned on every ceiling fan that we had. We finally got her to sleep and my crazy exhausted self that can't bend down to touch her toes these days spent hours with Rob scrubbing every inch of our downstairs.

I will deal with the fallen shutter and the driveway stains another day. Today I will be in a coma.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

DEAR HEAVENS! Will is going to LOVE his new home! Or, he'll learn to crawl early just to see if he can get back in the womb.

Carmen & Eddie said...

You've got to be kidding me!!! I would call the repair man and demand that they pay you back for the fans you had to purchase, the dinner you had to eat out cause of the mess, and that they come and clean the driveway themselves!!!! Had you already paid them? If not refuse to pay till the above is done!!! I am so sorry that Murphy will not leave. On a positive not, let Murphy get it all out of his system pre baby Will's arrival!

The Khans said...

Oh my goodness Lauren! I am so sorry. I can't even imagine. I would be losing my mind right about now and crying with no end in sight. I will be praying you guys.

Anna said...

ok. i wanted to cry for you. and then i wanted to go find those repair men and give them a piece of my mind! who DO they think they are?!?!? have they never heard of drop clothes? and then...I'm coming to capture Murphy and take him far, far away! I am SO sorry Lauren. I wish we lived closer so you could have come to a baby proofed (sort of) home and we'd have come help you clean! Ugh! Hang in there friend! You are truly amazing! I am thankful you have such a precious husband, a baby who has stayed put (and hopefully head down not sideways), and a God that it good even when life is not! we love you!