Wednesday, August 17, 2016

More dance pictures and the best talent show ever!!!

I posted pictures before in the previous post from Bennett's dance recital but then I found these shots from the dress rehearsal on Rob's camera. His camera is a little better than my iphone so I thought I should probably add these for posterity's sake. Look at my not so little ballerina. Well, more like a tapper in the first few shots. She did a ballet/tab combo this year but I think she decided to stick with ballet going forward.






Back to ballet. Her specialty.


Our elementary school held a talent show this year. They didn't do one last year so I was so excited when I got the letter. I wasn't sure if B and W wanted to do it, but they did and couldn't wait to start planning. After searching through my musical theatre music books they decided on singing, "I'd Do Anything For You" from Oliver! I cannot tell you how many times they practiced this song. By performance day, Lainey knew every note and inflection and I swear our golden lab did as well. They did awesome and I could not have been prouder.

Heading to the school for their early call time.

Lainey sat nervously with her brother. I think she would have hopped on that stage in a heartbeat if we would have let her.

Bennett performed a piano piece as well in the talent show. She did so good!

And here they are! I kept telling them how incredibly brave they were to do this. There is no way I would have done that at their age.

Bravo, Bravo!


Way to go, Superstars!

And here is the video. Proud is an understatement.

No comments: