Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Broadway Bound 2016

I love teaching drama. I started off being in plays myself and one summer when I was working at a theatre in Pennsylvania, we produced Saturday morning children's plays for local kids. That really changed the course of my life. I loved watching the kids come in with their parents and I loved exposing them to the magic of live theatre. Ever since then I have either performed myself with children's theatre troupes or I have taught drama classes myself to kids. I am so fortunate that in my current job as a children's minister at my church, they let me run a Broadway camp each summer. We filled all of our spots for the camp in 2 weeks and still had a waiting list. It is an incredibly fun week and watching these kids on stage brings me a joy like none other.

One of the best parts for me personally is that Bennett and Will are able to participate in my camps. This is their fourth summer in a row doing a Broadway camp with me and I hope that continues for many more years. Here are a few shots from our fun (but exhausting) week.

The Broadway Bound company!


The Copper Ridge neighborhood crew all participated this year. I love that they go to do this together.

The Flying Fandini Sisters!

Look at my sweet Will. He makes a fantastic villain, doesn't he?

Hanging out on the red carpet thinking about their future Oscar. Or is a Tony?

There aren't enough heart emojis to describe this.




I might frame this one. All those little faces gazing up at my Broadway posters.















What a great week! I could not have been more proud.

No comments: