Monday, September 10, 2012

18 Days and Counting

They will be inducing me on October 1st unless baby girl comes before then. It cannot get here soon enough. I have had the typical rough final month of pregnancy that I had with both of my other children. That's why I am up at midnight typing this blog post instead of sleeping.

I thought I would re-post a blog entry I wrote when I was pregnant with Bennett. Every single thing I wrote 4 1/2 years ago applies again today except for three things-

1. I no longer have to get up for work, but I am now am chasing after a 4 and 3 year old all day long. Neither of them nap anymore so just up my crankiness level a wee bit.

2. I no longer watch John and Kate Plus 8 for obvious reasons. That was soooooooo 4 years ago. So just throw in whatever is on at 3 in the morning. Usually a Little House on the Prairie rerun. I can't help it. I have always been and will always be a sap for Pa Ingalls.

3. I am not worried about having a baby anymore. Now I am up at night worrying about finding a house, when will we move, have I sterilized the bottles, will Tebow ever start for the Jets, etc.... it's always something, right?

***originally posted on February 19th, 2008. You can read the link here- http://www.theredwebs.blogspot.com/2008/02/ramblings-of-third-tremister-insomniac.html ***

You know how everyone tells you to sleep as much as you can before the baby is born? I wish I could count how many times I have heard that I need to take naps now, rest now, sleep while I can.... Well, I'm trying, but it sure isn't working. My nights usually go something like this-

11:00 Bedtime
11:20 Bathroom trip
11:45 Bathroom Trip
12:15 Bathroom trip
1:00 Rob comes to bed
1:05 Oh no.... Rob woke me up and even though I don't have to go to the bathroom, I MUST GO!!
1:15 I'm still awake and everyone tells me I need to be sleeping. Is Rob wearing a breathe right strip?
1:20 Even though I don't have to go, maybe going to the bathroom will help me go back to sleep
1:30 Is everything ready for Bennett? I am so nervous. Why in the world did I get pregnant? I really want to reconsider this.
1:45 Hmmm... sleeping on my side hurts. And I have acid reflux. I think I'll go gag now.
1:55 That didn't help, but I appreciate Rob getting up and giving me water. I'll get up and play Spider Solitaire until I have blurred my vision so badly that I am kocked out.
3:15 I'm still playing spider solitaire and it's not working. I wonder what the Tivo recorded today?
4:00 Crap! I'm still up and I know I need to sleep. That was a very funny Colbert Report though. Where are the drugs that are safe for the baby?
4:15 Drugs taken. What if Bennett comes tomorrow? I'm not ready. I'll never be ready. What am I doing?
4:30 Great episode of Jon and Kate Plus 8. I'm glad I am only having one.
4:45 One last bathroom trip and I can sleep. Ah, yes... I am sleepy....good night.
5:00 Bathroom Trip
5:45 Bathroom trip. Look at clock. Wow! I got 45 minutes of sleep. Cool.
6:15 It still hurts to sleep on my side, but that's where I keep ending up. Oh, no! The alarm is going off in 30 minutes. How can I work like this? Must sleep... shouldn't those drugs work better than this? I am seriously considering writing a letter to.... someone.
6:30 Still awake. Why am I having a baby in a week? I can't remember to feed my dogs! What if I forget to feed her? What am I doing?
6:40 Bathroom trip. 
6:45 Alarm goes off. Must get up for work. I hope my boss understands when I pass out at my desk.

The sad part about this blog is that I am not exaggerating too much. I am posting this blog at 2:15 (even though the time stamp says midnight. It's not. Trust me.) So anyway, I will get back to Spider Solitaire now. I wonder if Colbert will be funny tonight?

2 comments:

Brittny said...

Ugh. Bless you, Lauren!!!! Just pretend they are telling you that your training for midnight feedings has begun. Hang in there and I will be praying for you!!!!!

Nate, Abbey, Noah, Blaire and Tatum said...

Right there with you!