Thursday, February 7, 2008

A Fun Surprise





So, I thought it was another taping day on Tuesday, but the kids surprised me with a party for little Bennett. I am usually hard to surprise, but they did it. The best part of having so many awesome kids in my life? An endless supply of babysitters.

I have decided that I will never ever compare my pregnancy to another womans unless specifically asked. Maybe it's because I'm nine months pregnant and cranky, but if someone asks me how I am and I say that I am tired, I want some stinkin' sympathy. I don't want to hear that I couldn't possibly be nearly as tired as they were on their sixth child because they had five other kids to take care of. Or that I don't know what tired even is because their cousin-in-law just had sextuplets and that's some tired stuff. Or that I have no idea what being tired is because when they were pregnant, they were working 80 hour work weeks while running marathons and tending to the elderly just up until two hours before they delivered. Sigh.....

I have learned that every single pregnancy is different. And even though I am not carrying multiples, even though I am not caring for six other children, and even though I am not running marathons, dangit- I'm just tired. Maybe I'll get off the computer and go to bed.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Amen sista! Tired is tired.
Although don't hate me for saying that it has only just begun....

Brittny said...

Ok, so I may not have been pregnant for only 2 1/2 weeks now, but I am with you on the tired thing! Just nap it out girl!!! You have every right to be tired and complain about whatever you want. Once that baby comes, just keep on napping. You take a day off and you'll regret it. Anyone offers to help, don't even think of saying no. You'll soon learn that you don't care what anyone thinks, you just want to get some sleep!! Hang in there and I love you!

Jimmy P said...

Oh c'mon...it can't be that hard!

: )