Saturday, December 31, 2016

Thanksgiving 2016 in Watercolor, Florida

This was our 3rd year in a row going to the beach for Thanksgiving with my side of the family. We have been going down to this part of the beach ever since my oldest niece was a baby but we typically went sometime in the Fall and occasionally over Spring break or in the summers. We tried going down over Thanksgiving Break a few years ago and loved it so much that we have kept coming back. 

This year we stayed in Watercolor for the first time and we may have to keep returning to this location. The kids were able to walk to the parks which were adjacent to our house and it was so peaceful and quiet that they could ride bikes without us being worried about too many cars. We could cut through to Seaside on our bikes and we had access to the Watercolor Beach Club and all of their amenities. It was one of the best vacations we have ever had.

Will was thrilled that this park was literally across the street from our house. He spent a lot of time hanging out here.



This was the first year Lainey was really comfortable with her bike and she kept up really well with us. Next year she might be the final cousin to learn to ride a bike along the beaches of 30-A.





Our house had several awesome porches so we spent a lot of the week relaxing and doing just this. It was perfect.


Rob playing soccer at the park with Will.

Heated pools are a huge bonus when you are at the beach in November.

We sure do love our Sutton Button!



Sweet Emmie usually goes wherever we go. She is our honorary Webster.







Has there ever been a picture that summed up my children more?

We made it down to the beach several evenings to watch the sun set.




Getting ready for lunch on Thanksgiving Day.



Shopping in Seaside with my girls.


I absolutely love my beautiful nieces. And I think my daughter is pretty great as well.

Watching the sun set one evening from the Watercolor Beach Club deck. Lainey was in a good mood. I swear.



Going to the beach in the Fall means you are pretty much stuck inside in the evenings after 5pm when the sun sets. That is the only drawback to not being there during the summer hours. So we usually play a lot of cards and board games in the evenings.

And we bundled up and watched a lot of movies.

And worked on jigsaw puzzles. It was kind of perfect.


Mommy and Daddy Suttle with their 6 grandchildren.



Trip to our favorite fondue place in Rosemary Beach






It wouldn't be a trip to the beach without Dancing with the Cousins!

They day after Thanksgiving they showed Elf in Seaside Circle so we rode bikes over there to watch the movie. I absolutely love this picture. It is so casual and captures a moment perfectly.

I walked around a bit while everyone was watching the movie and for some reason I love this shot of Sundog books at night. Maybe I just love everything about Seaside. Who knows?

We stayed at our house for the Iron Bowl and had our Alabama flag flying from the porch of our house. Roll Tide!

We also celebrated my beautiful Mom's 70th birthday. I was so very happy to be there so we could all wish her the happiest of birthdays. We love you, Mommy Suttle!!

I love this pictures. Birthday party on the bottom, football party on the top!


Happy Birthday, Mommy Suttle!!


The night before we left the town of Watercolor kicked off the Christmas season with a Christmas tree lighting and a festival. We were all over it, of course.

Horse drawn carriage ride through the town of Watercolor.



And it snowed!!! Kind of. With a machine. But we'll take it!!


I don't know how long this tradition will last. This may have been our last year and we may keep it up for another 10. It's hard to tell. But I do know that I am extremely grateful for the time we had together this week as a family. 

"Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God. Whenever I pray, I make my requests for all of you with joy, for you have been my partners in spreading the Good News about Christ from the time you first heard it until now. And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns." Philippians 1:3-6







No comments: