Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Coming together

Here are a few pictures from my Mother's side of the family coming together for my Grandmother's funeral. My Grandmother had two children (my Mom and her brother, my Uncle Ed) and then each of them had 2 daughters. The 4 Granddaughters were extremely close growing up and we still are.

I am so thankful to have grown up with cousins that I adored. We went to the same schools, only lived a few miles apart, and spent so much time together. It was so wonderful to be reunited with them, their husbands, and their children. My Grandmother would have loved every second of it.


The night we got in from Virginia, we celebrated three birthdays. Will, my Dad, and my niece Piper are all born within days of each other.
Make a wish!

Cake all around!

Will was happy that this birthday thing kept on coming.

Piper got a quill and ink set from Harry Potter. Early prep for our big outing to the final movie.

I love mornings like these. Snuggling on the couch watching cartoons. I love every single one of these kids so much.

Hanging out in the pool.

Emmie and Uncle Rob

Popsicles all around

Even the big kids got one too!

Me and my "twin" cousin, Erin. We are only 5 months apart and grew up more like sisters than cousins.

Adorable Elijah Brooks. Could he be any cuter?

My Grandmother would have LOVED this picture. I can't tell you all the memories me and my cousins have her in pool. They are countless. Nothing in the world would have made Grandmom happier than seeing all of her angel babies playing in the pool with their husbands and children. It was so fitting to all get together and do this the day before her visitation.


We had my Grandmother's funeral on a beautiful Sunday afternoon. I was amazed at how many people came to pay their respects. It was honestly like watching my childhood walk in through the door. I saw people I hadn't seen in a decade. Friends that my amazing Grandmother had ministered with, visited in the hospital, prayed over, and shared her life with. It was a beautiful day of rejoicing and celebrating her life. Afterwards we went over to my Aunt and Uncle's to spend some quiet time with our family.

Me with my cousin, Elliot.

I love this picture of Bennett and Elijah Brooks sitting at the kids table because me and his Mommy sat at the kids table at every single family gathering. I think we were still sitting there when we were 14.

A rose between two thorns.

Playing in the backyard.

Bradford and Bennett

The 4 Grandaughters.

My Mom, Dad, Uncle Ed, and Aunt Beverly.


No guilt in life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From life's first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny

1 comment:

starnes family said...

I think Will's birthday should be celebrated year round.

K?