Tuesday, September 27, 2016

3rd grade, 2nd grade and 3P- Here they come!

I cannot believe Bennett and Will are in 2nd and 3rd grade. If you go back and look at this blog from the beginning, it is unreal to me that those little babies in Kansas City now live in Texas and are in the middle of their elementary school years. Everyone tells you that it flies by... and everyone is right.

Here is Will at meet the teacher night. He was so excited to get the fabulous Mrs. Fortenberry who was Bennett's teacher last year. He was hoping all summer he would get her and Bennett was thrilled for her little brother. He is going to have the best year.

And Bennett got Mrs. Virden. She is as cute as can be and loves Disney as much as we do. A match made in heaven.

Look at this handsome boy! I can't stand it. He is growing so fast!

Hello 2nd grade!

My beautiful 3rd (!!!!) grader.

Go get 'em, kiddo.




I love the fact that we get to walk/ride bikes to school every day. best part of living in Texas. Seriously.


Hooray for our favorite crossing guard, Ms. Linda! We missed her so much over the summer!

The kids are in the same pod for the first time ever. All of their classes are right across the hall from each other. That's what happens when you are 16 months apart.

And this is where I leave my 2nd grader. I don't worry about him for one second. He loves school and was bummed most of the summer because he wanted to go back. 


Same goes for this one. I lucked out with kids who both really enjoy school. They did not get that from me.


And then the second we got home and Lainey realized she was alone for the first time June, she ran straight to Bennett's room, pulled a stool up to her bookcase and stole all of her Shopkins. That's my Lainey.

Here are a few shots of the neighborhood kids on days 2 and 3 after school. these kids are going to have the best memories of all growing up together.



And then it was Lainey's turn to go meet her teachers. She is in the 3P class this year. She is only 3 years younger than Will but they will be 4 years apart in school since he had a summer birthday and went on and she has an early Fall birthday and just misses the cut off. That's fine with me. I get to keep her home just a little bit longer. You won't hear me complaining about that.

Meeting Mrs. Barkley for the first time.

And then meeting Mrs. Alexander (Hamilton). Yes, we listen to Broadway musicals way too much.

And here is my spunky, hilarious, quirky girl on her first day of pre-school. What a mess. An incredibly beautiful mess. But a mess nonetheless.





It's going to be a great year. I can tell. this is literally the very first year since 2010 and Bennett started pre-school that someone hasn't been starting at a new school. All three kids are going back to the exact same place they were at last year and for someone who has gone through a massive amount of change in the past 8 years, that is a huge relief. Looking forward to this restful year.

No comments: