Friday, February 28, 2014

Growing up before my eyes

Yesterday was rough. not only do I now have a 6 (!!!!!!) year old, but Bennett decided to quit acting like a little girl and start acting like some elementary age big kid overnight.

Exhibit A- She had ballet right after school and then we had to run a few errands afterwards. She was begging the whole time to go home so she could sit at her desk and play with her new art set. By the time we finally got home, she ran straight upstairs and began writing notes. She didn't even take the time to change clothes. As I was walking around upstairs putting away toys and laundry, I checked in on her and this sight just made me catch my breath. I had to pull my phone out of my pocket right away and take a quick picture. Who is this beautiful big girl?
 

Exhibit B-  Every day her Kindergarten class checks out a book from the library and they have to read it to you at home. I could not believe it when Bennett pulled this book out of her backpack. And then she read it to me with complete ease.

 No, not Knuffle Bunny!!! This was her favorite book when she was 1 years old. We must have read this book at least 100 times together. In fact, when I was in the hospital giving birth to Will, this was the book little 16 month old Bennett wanted to bring to the hospital in her "special bag." Here is a picture of my Dad reading it to her in the waiting room.

And now she's reading it to me. Ugh.... Okay, I'm off to put a brick on Lainey's head. And Will's too for that matter. Bennett is a lost cause.

1 comment:

starnes family said...

Lost cause = stellar parenting. I love you!