Thursday, November 15, 2012

My husband is kind of a rock star

I just need to brag on my husband for a little bit. I'll keep this short and sweet.

He's awesome.

When I first met him he was a gifted musician with a heart for leading worship and serving the Lord. His talent was one of the first things that attracted me to him. But little did I know that his worship leading abilities barely scratched the surface.

Since we have been married he has tried his hand at many things and there isn't anything that he can't do, and do well, once he puts his mind to it. Not only does he play several musical instruments he also does graphic design, editing, photography, videography, and a host of other things.

I was inspired to write this blog post because just in the past 2 weeks, he has once again blown me away with his talent. All of the following has come to fruition in the past few weeks.

He entered some of his photographs in a very reputable contest here in Dothan. There were nearly 1000 entries and 8 of his photographs placed and one even won best in show.

Two people have asked him to either photograph or video their weddings for them.

A shop in New Orleans is now displaying his photographs for tourists to buy.

He was asked to lead worship at a family camp this winter.

And this evening he is driving to Nashville to photograph the CD cover for Ron Block who is one of the best banjo players in the world. He plays for Alison Krauss and is a member of Union Station.

Music, Video, Design, Editing, Photography.... you name it and he can do it. He buys random musical instruments and teaches himself how to play. His latest purchase was a cello, and yes, he can play that now too.

But what I love most is that he always uses his talents to glorify God. His heart for ministry comes through in everything he does.  I love hearing him pray or watch him transition between songs on Sunday mornings. The way he is able to quote scripture seamlessly as he explains to the congregation why he chose a particular song is so moving and incredible to watch.

I am so blessed.

But just don't ask him to do laundry. I had to throw something in there to keep him humble. :)



1 comment:

Brittny said...

Seriously? I mean I'm not at all surprised having witnessed his awesomeness live and in person. That's why the two of you make such a power couple. You are just as awesome as he is. I love how y'all are up for anything, no matter how far you have to go do it. And it's always with a smile on your face and joy in your hearts. You two are such a blessing from the Lord to everyone around you. LOVE YOU!!!! (And the laundry comment too! We gotta keep it real!)