Monday, August 1, 2011

Only at my house....

..... would you find a complete idiot (that would be me) deciding to cook huge meals that require frying pans and pots of boiling water on the hottest nights of the year. And only I would do it 3 nights in a row. Tomorrow night we are eating yogurt for dinner.

And only at my house would you find a husband scrubbing oil paint off his wife with olive oil and salt because that's what google told him to do. Most women would realize that they shouldn't paint furniture with oil paint anyway unless they are accustomed to doing so. And most women wouldn't panic when soap and water wouldn't take off the paint she had all over her arms and legs. And most husbands wouldn't turn to the computer and decide that olive oil and salt were the best ways to remove said paint. And most husbands probably wouldn't decide that they should do it and proceed to scrub wife's hands until they were raw with salt.

But things like that happen at our house nearly every day.

I'm off to remove the pork chops from the scalding oil and wonder for the umpteenth time why I cook winter meals in the middle of the summer. I don't know.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Girl, you are cooking - which is more than I am doing these days!!

Brittny said...

Because you want the darn furniture painted and you don't care if you get messy. At the time. And because comfort food sounds sooooooooooo good, even if it's better prepared in the winter. You still want it. But need to climb in the freezer to enjoy it.

AT least that's why I would have done those things.

Love you and thanks for always putting a smile on my face!

Anna said...

Mineral spirits! And once it's gone...lots of lotion! I hope your dinner was yummy & i bet your painted furniture is beautiful!