Thursday, April 14, 2016

Family Camp 2016

We have been traveling to a family camp near Talladega, Alabama for 4 years now. We go with Auburn UMC to Shocco Springs where Rob leads worship and the kids and I soak in the warmth and fellowship of the wonderful members of that church.

This year we also went to a family camp held by our church here in Texas. We attended mainly because I am on staff in the education department at our church so it was required that I go. Life sure is tough sometimes. You know you have it good when a job requirement of yours is to help plan a weekend retreat and then attend with your family. Somebody has gotta do it, I guess.

Rob was also asked to lead worship at this retreat. I guess he's good at that kind of stuff. I just mainly put together welcome bags and s'more packets. To each his own. Here are a few a ton of pictures from our wonderful weekend at Pine Cove Camp in Tyler, Texas. And it really was a wonderful weekend. One of our best ever.

 
Driving into camp we were met by this fun banner. 

 
We had to set up and get ready for all of the impending arivals so the first picture I got was that night while Rob was leading worship. Night 1 and Lainey was already over it. It had been a very long day for the bugaboo.


 
But she definitely perked up once we headed over to the campfire and got to eat s'mores and sing campfire songs with Daddy. 


Hanging out with the fabulous kids of Custer Road UMC.

Bennett and her friend Hannah heading to breakfast the next morning.

It was so lovely to spend a weekend surrounded by water and huge Pine Trees. I was in heaven. Who knew Texas could look like this? It almost felt like I was back home.
 
Ready for a wonderful day at Pine Cove family camp.
 

 

After our morning sessions our kids headed off to ride ponies. This was Lainey's very first time riding a horse. We had tried before but she always chickened out. I think both Bennett and Will had ridden 10 horses by the time they were 3 1/2, bur it takes Lainey a little bit longer to warm up to things.


 
 
All of the Custer Road kids performing their Superman prayer song before lunch.


After lunch we all got to go down the zip line. Well, all of us except our youngest family member. Here are Rob and Will heading down. 

I absolutely love this picture.

 
And here are me and Bennett. This was definitely a core memory I will never forget standing on top of that tower and looking over at B as we counted down and then jumping off together. Such a fun thing for us to do together.




And the party never stops. Later that afternoon we all participated in a large shaving cream fight.





You know what they say. The family that throws shaving cream together, stays together.

 Our family camp theme this year was "Team." After we scrubbed shaving cream out of every single pore, we decorated T-shirts and came up with a team name for our family. Ours was extremely easy. We called ourselves, "The Red Webs" of course.

I cannot thank God enough for giving me this team.

 Our Custer Road UMC family.

Blowing bubbles before evening worship.

 Hanging out with my sweet girlfriends. I am so thankful for new friends who have been absolute lifesavers in every city we have moved to.

Our final morning at camp. Grateful for the sunshine!

 Enjoying one last canoe ride around the lake.

 Oh, how I love these people. And I cannot say how thrilled I am that they are mine.

And that was a wrap. Already counting down the days until next year.

Psalm 103:17
But from everlasting to everlasting the LORD's love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children's children

No comments: