Sunday, August 31, 2014

Life in the Big D

Like I mentioned in the post below, I lost all of my pictures last week when my iphone inexplicably went haywire on me. So I lost pretty much every picture I had of our first month in Dallas. But fortunately I had posted a few to facebook so I found them and put them on here. You know, for in the future when I try to remember that one crazy month when we moved our family across the country again.

First of all, I have to say a huge thank you to my parents. Especially my Mom. She rode out here with us so she could help out with Lainey in the car while I drove. Rob had the older kids with him so my Mom was on Lainey patrol and I was so thankful. Then she kept the kids at the hotel for a few days while we closed on our house and the movers moved us in. I know that wasn't easy and we honestly could not have done it without here. And then she spent a whole week unpacking boxes from sun up to sun down and it would have taken me 3 months to do it alone. So, THANK YOU, Mom!! Thank you so so much!!

And then my Dad drove out a week later and I am so grateful to him as well for coming all the way out here, helping us put the finishing touches on the house, helping me get rid of all of the cardboard and hanging out with the kids so I could run errands. Thank you so much, Dad!

And here are the only pictures I have of our first few weeks here. I am so sad that I lost all of the others.

 My 36th birthday was only a week after our move. And these sweet girls took me out for a night on the town. How lucky am I? They gave me the sweetest "Welcome to Texas" gifts and got the most delicious cake for me. To say that I felt blessed doesn't do it justice.

 My best friend from Kansas City (Hi, Jessie!!) called a mutual friend of ours who now lives in this area (and is the awesome girl in the bottom right of the above picture) and had her set this up outside of my door the morning of my birthday. How sweet was that?

My parents and I visited Southfork. I could have died. I loved Dallas (the TV show) growing up.

Here's a toast to J.R. Ewing.

 On the field of Cowboy Stadium...oh, I'm sorry...AT&T stadium.

Just hanging out in the cheerleaders' locker room. Someone was excited.

And on our 2nd Sunday at our new church, the outgoing seniors presented the incoming Kindergartners with Bibles. That's Will up there in the middle. It was incredibly powerful and moving.


And a wide shot for better perspective.

And that's it. I wish I had more pictures, but at least I can somewhat capture a bit of our life here. We love our new home, people could not have been more welcoming and we are loving Bennett's new school so far. I'm still pretty homesick, but I am very thankful for a smooth transition.

1 comment:

Nate, Abbey, Noah, Blaire and Tatum said...

Love those mom and dad days! Can't wait to pay it forward to my own kids.