Thursday, November 17, 2011

Reasons why I suddenly stink at blogging

It is ridiculous looking back at my old blog posts. I realized that in 2009 I blogged 181 times. 181 TIMES! What in the world? And in September of that year alone I blogged 22 times. And how many times have I blogged this November? Twice. What is going on?

Well my friends, I present to you the reasons I have not been blogging lately. I know after reading this list you will not only understand, but will also agree with my reasons.

Reason #1- Who has two thumbs and hoards all of our pictures? That guy! The tall one. Not the short one.

Meet the number 1 reason I don't blog as much.  The bearded wonder not only takes all of our pictures, but he downloads them on his computer and deletes them off of the camera before I can blink twice. And then he won't give them to me until he has "worked on them." By the time I want to blog about, oh say my children's first day of school, 8 weeks have gone by. Blame J. Robert. Public enemy #1 to all bloggers.

Reason #2- The small creatures in my house actually want me to play with them.


It was lovely when they would sit in an excersaucer or on a play mat and could entertain themselves. Now they actually need me. A lot. And it is usually when I sit in front of my computer. And you know what? These years and fleeting and so I happily oblige. Computers and blogs will always be there. My kids will not.

Here are a few shots of the brave princess riding her valiant dragon off into battle. And please note that I stole the pictures from Public Enemy #1's computer before he could work on them in Photoshop. That's why the colors are off. Oh, well. I care not.
The dragon vows to protect the princess at all costs.

The dragon got bored and wanted to play with the castle.
Then the dragon got sleepy, so King Daddy stepped in to save the day.



Movie nights in their recycled cardboard box train cars are a weekly ritual.

 Reason #3- Couponing. Y'all, I'm obsessed. I love it. I have saved my family SO much money. Which instead of going towards a trip to Disney World has all gone to new tires and a battery for our swagger wagon, but that's besides the point. Look at the pictures below and then think about the fact that I spent only
$25 for everything you see below.




A lot of it I got for free so I am giving it away to friends and also to an abused women's shelter. They are always in need of beauty supplies, so it feels so good to be couponing not only to save money, but to help others. I have also been able to donate a lot of canned goods to local food banks. But it definitely takes time and has hindered my blogging greatly.

Reason #4. Look at my computer. Just look at it.


It was already an old hand me down computer from my brother-in-law and then my son got a hold of it. Notice the missing keys. The tab key, the 'a' key, the underscore key, and a lot of the keys that do work stick now. I don't know what he did, but it does make typing almost too annoying to fool with.

Bennett's family
But we are alive and well. Bennett is a reading and spelling fool. She can spell up to 15 words and reading is really starting to click with her. She also loves to color and draw. She had a fabulous parent/teacher conference and her sweet teachers were very complimentary. One of the things they commented on was her drawing. This picture was drawn a month ago and since then she has really started to draw hair and more facial features, which is apparently a good thing for a 3 year old. I don't know. I just like them. Will has entered the terrible 2's with a vengeance. Well, not terrible, but more like ACTIVE 2's. The kid is non stop. But underneath the energy he is still my sweet and cuddly Will who loves to be held and read to more than anything else. I am already mourning the end of college football season but hopeful about Bama's chances to play for the National Championship. I am not updating you on Rob because he went to New York City without me this week and I am still bitter.

And that's all she wrote. For now.

2 comments:

Lori Mercer said...

Funny!! Hey what kind of laptop is that? We went through a spell with the kids always popping off the keys and I think I actually may have an extra keyboard I can send you believe it or not if you would like it! I'll see if I can find it. I think my old laptop is just like yours. If not you can get them online for pretty cheap. There are videos on youtube on how to replace the whole keyboard yourself!

Caroline Armstrong said...

well sister, you are in good company with me!!!!!!
I feel like I am always apologizing for not blogging in a while... but now it is just expected:)