Thursday, April 16, 2009

Why I am not reading any of your blogs this week.....

...Because based on the titles of your blogs, you are all posting great Easter pictures of your families. I have not looked, but I just know that there are pictures of beautiful children, gorgeous outfits, smiling parents, and perhaps an egg hunt or two. Call me jealous, because well, I am. We did not hunt for any eggs because of the rain and since Rob had to work all Sunday morning our only option of going to church as a family was the sunrise service.

So, we got Bennett up at the crack of dawn, went to church, went out for breakfast and planned to take family pictures when we got home and before Rob had to head back out. I envisioned Bennett laughing at her Easter basket, playing with eggs, and posing happily as a family. However, when we got home, Bennett was done and needed a N-A-P!!! So, this was the only shot we got all morning.


We tried. So then Rob went back to the church for the rest of the day, Bennett slept, and I had a fabulous quiet time in my pajamas. We plan to "recreate" Easter and when we do and get the coveted pictures, I will then enjoy all of your Easter blogs.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Did you see an Easter post on my blog???


Nope.

Why? SAME STORY.

Two dressed children, hair and makeup for moi, new outfit for everyone and not a single shred of photographic evidence.

Ugh.

Maybe a re-do is in order....

Lori Mercer said...

Heehee! I can so relate! I missed out on the family shot outside also and I'm so bummed. I too have considered restaging the whole thing. Maybe it's not as crazy of a thought! :)

Unknown said...

Look at your little baby bump!!! So cute!!! :-)

Erin said...

Well, at least you got to go to church on Easter Sunday! Me....., NOPE! First time ever in my life missing Easter.
Sorry girl..., there's always next year. At least that is what I am telling myself :) You do look super cute though if that makes you feel better!

Carmen & Eddie said...

Heye there are no Easter pics on our blog... I had the camera- pregnancy brain took over and I did not remember to take a picture!! So you have one more than I do!!!!

Anna said...

oh you crack me up something serious! i LOVE reading your blog. 1st of all...you look GREAT! 2nd of all, i feel your pain. easter worked for us...but oh have i ever been frustrated and had to recreate other events before! hope yall are doing well!

Perri said...

Regarding my latest title...

You were probably just excited that it didn't mention Easter.


I'm just saying...