Thursday, June 3, 2010

Sweet Home Alabama

I don't even know where to begin. We went home to Alabama to spend Memorial Day and a few extra days with our family and friends. I cannot even begin to write about how much we have missed everyone and how loved we have felt since we have been home. We have spent every lunch and every dinner with a different group of friends since we have been here. We walked into church on Sunday and I stood in the same spot for 45 minutes. I couldn't move because I was surrounded by people I love so much and who were excited to see us. I don't think they knew that I was more excited to see them.

We have spent time with family members, reconnected with cousins, laughed with my grandmother, and so much more. Many more pictures to come over the next few days, but I thought I would start with Memorial Day. Even though I live in Kansas I think I can still use the famous quote to refer to another state- There's no place like home.


We went to a really great pool with my sister and her family. I think Bennett's cousins may be choking her here, but it is out of love. We think. :-)

Aunt Lisa pushed Will in a super cool turtle. He thought he was hot stuff. And he was.

Bennett stole the turtle. Will was left to his own devices.

Will and Piper.

Bennett and Will with their three first cousins. The girls have missed my kids so very much and Bennett and Will have missed them terribly.

Then my first cousin, Elliot, came over and brought her two adorable kids. I know. It's confusing. There were a whole lot of cousins going on. Bennett and Will loved seeing even more cousins and celebrating Memorial Day with them.

We had a 1st birthday cake for Will since we won't be with our family on his real birthday in a month. He was quite delighted with his first introduction to cake.

All of the cousins together.

Elliot and Bennett getting some quality time.

My Family. It's so good to be home.

2 comments:

Brittny said...

so cute!!! glad we got to see you today. we had so much fun!!!! tell your parents thanks for letting us crash their house for a little while.

Dawn Lovo said...

I know exctly how you feel about going back to Alabama. It is home, even though my entire side of the family lives in Tampa, too! I love to go back & see everyone, but I hate to go back because it makes me miss it more! Glad you had such a great time!