Where to begin?? These past few weeks have been full of firsts.
1. Bennett started taking swim lessons. Okay, so they are really just riding noodles through a lazy river while kicking, but it's something. Of course my lovely but very independent and headstrong daughter has...umm..... her own ideas on how to do things. She isn't always on the same page with the other little swimmers, but she LOVES Mrs. Holly and she runs in from class and says, "Mama!! I obeyed Mrs. How-ee at swim class." Great. Maybe Mrs. How-ee can't get you to stop hitting your brother.
2. She also started gymnastics. Let me back up by saying she has never taken a class before. I really didn't think it was necessary to put her in anything before she was 2 years old, and even now it's just fun. We are mainly doing this because Will still take two naps a day and Bennett is usually climbing up the walls to get out while he is napping. So our local rec center offered a little gymnastics class for 2 year olds on Saturday mornings. This way Rob can stay will sleeping Will and I can get Bennett out and let her have some fun.
Moving on. She loves it!! She loves the balance beam and the huge trampolines. It is heaven for her and she tells me, "Bennett go to dance class right now, Mama!" I get to take the class with her and we are having such a blast sharing this experience together.
3. Bennett has never watched a full length movie before. We are thinking about taking her to see "Toy Story 3" so we wanted to test her out. So we made a huge deal about it last weekend. We put Will to bed and popped popcorn and let her watch, "Finding Nemo." She lasted an hour, so I was really proud of her. And Rob and I loved eating popcorn with our little one snuggled between us. Every stage of life just keeps getting better and better.
4. A certain little girl had her first pee pee in the potty today. I wasn't going to start the potty training just yet. I really wanted to wait until after our trip to Virginia. I didn't want to deal with it during airplane rides or on a boat in the middle of the river. But she is SO ready. She's been ready for awhile, and she is practically begging me to take her to a potty. I know, I know.... bad Mommy. Anyway, she went tonight and was over the moon excited. And I'm gearing up for a not so fun ride on the airplane. But anyway, Go Bennett!! I am so proud of her.
5. And finally- talking about big firsts- someone is having his first birthday in two weeks. I can't even talk about that yet. I have two more weeks to process this unthinkable reality. And then I will gush about this cuddly, loving, tender, smiley, and handsome little guy who is finishing up a whole year jam packed with firsts.
time for some favorites
1 week ago