Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Bennett's first movie- Toy Story 3

I won't really go into my thoughts on the movie in case any of you haven't seen it yet. I won't talk about the fact that it made me come home and hug my teddy bear, Jack. Yes, I still have him and no, you better not have a problem with that.

But I digress. I still don't know if Bennett was ready or not. She did great during the movie. Maybe it was because she ate popcorn for an hour and a half. But she barely moved, seemed fascinated, and smiled a lot. However when I asked her about the movie today all she will say is, "It was so dark. I eat popcorn. I see Woody and Buzz." So I guess I can count that as a success.

But it was so sweet for me and Rob to have our little girl sitting between us at the movies. That was more sentimental than anything up on the screen. And that's saying a lot.

Doesn't she look beautiful here? I don't know why, but I love this picture of her waiting to go inside the theatre.

Chilling with Daddy before the previews. Bennett doesn't weigh enough to keep the seat down and it keep folding up on her. We had to hold her seat down with the camera bag after we took this shot.

A quick shot post movie. I couldn't be in the shot because I had mascara all underneath my eyes. Darn you, Pixar. And notice how Bennett is STILL eating popcorn. Do they make tums for 2 year olds?

6 comments:

The Scott family said...

I've heard a lot about that movie and can't wait to see it. Guess we btter wait for Netflix though because it would be ridiculous to think Leighton could sit through it! Bennett and Will are adorable!

Shannon said...

Hi Lauren-
I love your blog and your kiddos are adorable! Don't worry, Toy Story made me cry too. It was such a cute movie. Next time make sure you get a booster seat for Bennett at the theater. They help keep the seats down (and give the little ones a boost)!
Shannon

Erin said...

Yes, Bennett looks gorgeous in that first picture! And I think what got me more than anything about this post was your teddy bear JACK!!!! Oh, I loved him - and he went everywhere with us....., and I mean everywhere!!!!

Nate, Abbey, Noah, Blaire and Tatum said...

I'm with Shannon, the booster seat helps a ton! Noah and Nate went and I was actually SAD I didn't get to go, ha!

starnes family said...

Lainey can't sit on the seats alone with or without the booster. She's scared. I have to hold her. :)

She looks darling in that picture pre-movie. I see it, too.......such a sweet look on her face.

I will never forget taking Carter to his first movie. It felt like such a big step. Now, I love taking all 3 of mine. It's chaotic, but fun!

Caroline Armstrong said...

Oh no!!! I do not like to cry during movies!!! I cannot handle emotional movies or books at the moment, but we have already told Hunter we would take him...atleast I am prepared. Also, you have the most beautiful pictures. I need to take some photography lessons from you! What fun places you have been the past few weeks!