Friday, August 19, 2011

So much to share...

...but clearly I am not doing a very good job doing it. I think I am back to blog slacking. And when I use the word slacking I really mean, "chasing non stop after 2 little ones that are constantly in motion and never leave me alone for one second and I honestly can't even use the bathroom by myself because one of them is at the door needing something."

I digress. Anyhoo.... we have had a lot of fun things going on around here. I'll try to post this weekend about

-horse races
-new potty charts for Will
-behavior charts for both kids
-new dance classes
-a new cat (which is really my 2 year old who is now called Hooper the cat)
-new fun recipes
-an extremely cool birthday gift


But until then I will post a few pics of our recent trip to ride the Belton railroad. We discovered that if you go on certain nights during the summer, you not only get a train ride, but also a fun dinner as well. The Websters were all over that. Food and a train ride? Pretty awesome in our book.

Here are the little ones in front of the train. This is our perspective shot. Pretty crazy, huh?
What? She's smiling! Hurry take a picture before this moment is gone.

I love any type of old fashioned soda counters. I would love to travel the country and take pictures of old ones if I could. This one was closed sadly, but I want to go back when it's open. Just because. I am at the bottom of this pic with the kids. Wave to the specks!

Rob took a picture of this car for me. It was my favorite. I wonder why?

Love love love these old men just shooting the breeze on a cool evening. I want to be like them when I grow up. But still a female. 'Cause that would be kind of awkward.

And here I am shooting the breeze with my two little conductors.

Isn't this a great old train ticket? I was expecting a cheap little stub that you can buy at Party City, but instead we got this awesome vintage looking one. I am going to put it in Will's scrapbook. Too cool to throw away.

Very Polar Express ish if you ask me. But he doesn't look like Tom Hanks. And it's not Christmas. Just work with me here, people.

Will heard the train whistle. He was amazed.

So was his big sister.

The food arrives. Time to chow down as we enjoy the beautiful farmland scenery.

Rob with the kiddos.

I don't know. I just don't know. I may have been contemplating jumping here.

Here is the lone sane member of The Red Webs. Acting normally in contrast to his family.

Enjoying a beautiful evening on the train.

Ride's over. Let's do it again next week!

But before we go..... one trip up to check out the engineer's digs. I would not have been surprised at all if the train had started moving down the tracks. I wouldn't put it past these two.


These are our fun family photos, but if you want to check out some really cool HDR photos of the train, check out my talented hubby's blog. He goes for the artistic shots. I, clearly, do not.







2 comments:

starnes family said...

That theater car pictures is GORGEOUS. Frame it!

Can't believe we lived in KC and never made it to Belton. So cool.

There is a town in Missouri that has an old fashioned soda fountain. Weston. Awesome for antiquing and a fun day trip for the girls. Have you been?

Nate, Abbey, Noah, Blaire and Tatum said...

This is on our summer list! I better get on it. On Fridays I think it's a ride and ice cream maybe?