Sunday, June 26, 2011

Summer Fun

So, I have think I may have blogged more in one month previously than I have this entire year, but hold on to your hats folks. Here comes TWO blog posts in one day. Try to contain your excitement.

I have been so behind this year and haven't posted pictures of so much- Our trip to West Virginia, a weekend with The Segars, outings, trips, birthday parties, etc....

But tonight I am going to remedy that a little bit. Here is a little bit of what we have been up to lately.

The kids have loved going to Adventure Camp at our church. Bennett even went on her first field trip to TCBY. She was thrilled! I usually send them on separate days which is insane of me because it means I never have alone time, but that also means I get one on one time with each of my kids. When Bennett goes to camp, Will and I go to the playground or go to Jumpin' Jax so he can play on the inflatables. That boy is an amazing climber! He can already do the huge inflatables all by himself. I have got to sign him up for gymnastics.

When Will is in camp, Bennett and I go to movies or we just have a special day where we get milkshakes and play dress up together. She and I saw "Beezus and Ramona" and "The Tale of Desperaux." I just love walking into a movie theatre with my little pigtailed sidekick holding her hand. Just the two of us. I love it.

Will is turning 2 next week. I can't talk about it. We will also embark on a crazy cross country road trip. More on that later. But here are some pictures of a few of the fun things we have been up to lately.

We went blueberry picking with our friends, the Lewis', a few weeks ago. Good times. Great friends. And yummy blueberries.

Scouting out the best spots.

Sometimes blueberry buckets can be a little heavy.

Growing up too fast.

All the kids rode this little train afterwards. BIG mistake. Will came back shaking and crying. All I have heard for two weeks now is, "Dat bumpy train scared me. I so scared of dat bumpy train."

Can I just say that I love the relationship that is forming between these two? Having them 16 months apart has not always been the easiest thing in the world, but the love and friendship that they share has been worth every single tough moment.

We also got to go to the birthday party of our sweet friend, Miss Brynn. She's the cutest 4 year old that I know.

Amazing shot I took of these two at the party. Definitely a framer.

Will saying good-bye to Brynn and thank her for letting him come. Even though he was a boy.

We were honored to be invited to the baptism of Crosby Pullins. He is the younger brother of Bennett's best friend, Levi and the son of our dear friends, Jessie and Jerry. What a wonderful and blessed evening.

So grateful to God for all of his blessings and so thankful to be a part of this precious baby's life.

After the baptism we went back to the Pullins' house where Will had fun kicking a ball.

And then promptly lost it.

In the midst of all of the festivities, Will got an ear infection which caused many tears. Bennett decided that if he was going to cry then she was too. Here I am being extremely sympathetic.

Bennett was so excited to go to the birthday party of her sweet friend, Sadie. Here is Bennett with Sadie and her cousin Amelia. The cute little birthday girl wasn't as excited to be in the picture as the other two. Bennett and Amelia went to school together last year and so they were so happy to see each other. Bennett has really missed her this summer.

Sadie was a lot happier when it was time for cake. She is a girl after all. She knows what's up.

My awesome BBM friends!

I snapped this great shot of Bennett as we were leaving. She is so stinkin' cute!!!

And finally, my kids learned to play croquet at a backyard BBQ some friends from church threw. They are naturals, I say!

A beautiful summer evening with friends.


I hope everyone is staying cool and enjoying your summer!! Now I am going to go and hang up decorations for my son's...sniff sniff....second.... sniff sniff.... birthday party.

2 comments:

Caroline Armstrong said...

oh what gorgeous photos! I just LOVE the ones of them picking blueberries! They look like the would be on a brochure.

Nate, Abbey, Noah, Blaire and Tatum said...

Loved the pic of you being sympathetic!! We all do it! The bday pics were adorable!