Saturday, August 8, 2009

Changing too fast

Well, these days are certainly interesting. It seems like so much has been happening and I haven't had the chance to stop and breathe, much less blog about it. But I am going to try to do a quick family update.

Me- My back is so much better. It still hurts a lot, but only when I move a certain way. I am able to walk normally, I can pick Bennett and Will up (Hooray,) and am able to do most anything around the house. I will still have a spasm of pain when I bend over, but I have learned to squat using my knees and am able to do most things. It really feels so much better and I couldn't be more thankful. I am still in physical therapy and they are going to do an ultrasound of a cyst on my back next week, so we'll see.

Rob- He got a haircut. That's about it. Oh yeah, and he has done absolutely every single thing for our house and our family for the past 2 weeks. I cannot describe how much he has taken on and how he has done it cheerfully and with a servants heart. And if I made a laundry list for you of everything he has done, you would be exhausted, so I will just say that he has been amazing and that I could not have asked for a better husband.

Bennett- Usually I blog about what she is doing. This makes me so sad, but I am going to blog about what she is not doing. She is growing up so fast and is becoming more and more like a little person rather than a baby. She is not saying, "Go bed Meg" anymore. When did she stop saying that? I wish I knew. She is not waving at everyone anymore. We took her to the store tonight and she didn't sit in the cart and wave at everyone. When was the last time that she did that? She didn't tell one store employee, "Bye-Bye." It was such a weird realization that she has already stopped doing some cute baby things that were so unique to my Bennett. It is almost as if I can talk to her now in a completely different way. I was brushing my hair today and I told her to go get her brush, take it to Daddy, and let him brush her hair. And she did. She went to her room, opened her drawer, got her brush, found Rob in another room, and told him, "Hair." She can understand nearly everything I tell her. She does have her new things of course that make me laugh. She was acting like an elephant today and was using her arm as a trunk and running around the room raising her arm up and down and making an elephant noise. She loves to lift her shirt, point to her belly button, and yell, "Bubbon." I love all the new and wonderful things, but I am already missing the things that she no longer does and I wish I would have known the last time she said them. I tried to get her to say, "Go Bed, Meg" all day and she wouldn't do it. Sigh.......

Will- We had his one month check up and his stats were exactly the same as Bennett's were at that age. Scary, huh? He now weighs 8lbs 2oz. and he is 20 1/2 length. That puts him in the 20th and 25th percentile. He is the sweetest and most relaxed baby and we just love holding him and watching him sleep with his hands straight up in the air. He snorts and grunts a lot at night and smiles when you tickle his cheek. What a sweet little boy.

Kirby- He stared at me all day.

Meg- She wasn't sent to her bed once today. She is the only one in our family that is relieved that Bennett is growing up.

1 comment:

terrymary said...

Yesterday Kirby stared at me all morning. Yes, I know that look now. And Meg, well I told her to "Go, bed" and she did. As for Bennett, she waved "bye bye" to the boy in the book. So, some things never change completely.