Friday, December 30, 2016

Halloween 2016

So if you follow this blog at all, you know that Halloween is my favorite holiday. Well Christmas is my favorite along with the rest of the free world, so you kind of have to take that one off of the list. Christmas is everybody's favorite so after that it has to be Halloween. And if you follow this blog you know that we have thrown a Halloween party every year since Bennett was born. It hasn't mattered where we lived or of we knew anyone or not. On Halloween, we love to party.

This year was a bit different though. Rob was on a missions trip to Nicaragua and so I had to celebrate Halloween with the kids without him. Was it different? Yes. Was it a bit sad? Definitely. Did it stop us? Absolutely not!

 I didn't get a lot of pictures of the party prep. That's Rob's job typically and I was busy getting ready, but I managed to get these two. Ha! Good thing Rob will be back next year.


My three kids are ready go! This year they were Hermione Granger, Alexander Hamilton and a gecko. Sums them up pretty well.

The neighborhood kids gathered at my house for our 3rd annual (!!) group photo. I can't believe we have lived in Texas long enough to be doing 3rd annual anything.


And we got a shot of all of the moms with the kids. I love trick-or-treating with these ladies. 

Another successful Halloween in the 'hood.





This was Lainey towards the end of the evening. Hungover from Halloween candy. Notice two lollipop sticks in her mouth. It was that kind of a day for sure.


Back at my house and ready to par-tay.

Annual candy swap. Gotta get what you want.

Towards the end of the evening we hopped in the back of the Mullis' truck and rode around the neighborhood looking at decorations and yelling Happy Halloween to everyone. What a fabulous way to wrap up the evening.

No comments: