Monday, June 27, 2016

Visit with my parents.

I refuse to let this blog go. I am going to document their childhood even if I have one child running around naked on the trampoline, one crying because another one hit them and one making an experiment in the kitchen with vinegar and baking soda. I am going to sit here and pretend none of that is happening and post pictures to this blog. Because..... memories! Anyway, I wanted to get pictures up of my parents visit to Dallas. It may or may not have happened 2 months ago, but that's besides the point.

We took my parents to see Texas bluebonnets. Definitely something you have to cross off the Texas bucket list.

 They were here for Easter and I was so grateful. It is hard spending holidays alone and I remember last year how much I missed them. I decided to see if they were possibly up for a visit over Easter and fortunately, they said, "yes."


Rob had to be at the church to play music for the sunrise service, so this was the best family picture we could get.

About to dig into our annual resurrection cake.

 My parents also got to come to the Throwback Thursday dance at our school. Will and Bennett dressed like people from the 1920's and Lainey just dressed like.... Lainey.


We also took my parents to Ft. Worth for this first time so they could check out the infamous Stockyards. Mommy and Daddy Suttle took a ride on a stagecoach with the kiddos. Rob and I considered running to the car as fast as we could once the stagecoach rounded the corner, but we waited for them to come back in spite of ourselves.




Lunch at the famous Joe T. Garcias.

Buying some treats at our favorite spot in downtown McKinney.

 And we were so thankful that Mom and Dad were here for their anniversary. It was so much fun getting to spend the day with them.


Sigh.... And then they were off. And we wouldn't see them again for nearly 3 months. I love living in Texas. I really do. But I hate living so far from my family. I will never get used to that.

No comments: