Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Christmas 2014

Well, since it is December 31st I thought I should probably throw up a few pictures of our very fun December before the year ended. Maybe in 2015 I will actually blog more than twice a month, but at the rate I'm going, who knows?

We really enjoyed our first Christmas in Texas. I should say Christmas season because we were in Alabama for Christmas Day. We had three weeks in December though to explore the area and find all sorts of fun things to do.

Swinging on a front porch in Christmas pajamas is always fun.

Will and Bennett were a sheep and a cow in our church's Christmas play.

 And I actually directed the drama portion of the musical. I was thrilled for the opportunity to do this.

Will also had his Kindergarten program and my little buddy was picked to play Joseph.

Is he not the cutest little thing ever?

My babies.

I had no idea Rob was taking this picture, but I absolutely love it. Can't you just tell how much she delights us all?

Pure love.

Rob and the kids after the downtown McKinney parade.

And Bennett was Snow White in her holiday ballet recital. She was stunning.

We were so proud of her.

A few shots from our house. This is the 5th house I have decorated from Christmas since we have been married. Sigh.... I am ready for some stability and traditions.

The kids out at another amazing light show in Texas. This one was in downtown Frisco square.

And this one was in Highland Park village.


Here is Will before one of our evenings where the kids stay in their pajamas and we ride around looking at lights while bundled under blankets and drinking hot chocolate.

We found lots and lots of houses that were absolutely dazzling, but this one was my favorite.

Rudolph on the couch selfie.

Is there anything sweeter than this?

Sisters in their matching pj's.

Practicing Christmas carols on the piano.

This one looks so retro.I think this will be in a frame in our house for years to come.

Our family believes!!

Growing up right before my eyes.

This one too.
.

 We went to Alabama on December 23rd and arrived at my sister's house in Birmingham. This is how we all felt after the long road trip. Although, my kids have all been on 12+ hour road trips three or four times a year since they were born. From Kansas City to Washington DC to Alabama to Austin... we've done it all. Multiple times a year. No wonder we are so tired.

Waiting on Christmas. Two on the sweet list and one on the naughty. You can decide which is which.

 Telestrations has quickly become one of our favorite board games.

Making cookies for Santa.


And here are four of my favorites waiting on the Big guy. It is so much easier to wait for Santa when your older cousins are waiting with you.

Pretending to be asleep.

And it's Christmas morning!!! Although Bennett had been up for 2 hours at this point. No joke.

Merry Christmas!

It was so fun watching the 6 cousins open all of their presents together. And yes, it was still dark outside


And then it was straight to the "chill out" room to try out the new karaoke machine. For the next few days, we heard "Let it Go" 2,354 times.

 My parents drove up from Montgomery to spend the day with us. Notice how it is bright outside now. They were the smart ones.

Daddy Suttle with three of his grandchildren.

Will opening a present from his grandparents. Why don't they make these for adults?

 Merry Christmas from the Websters.

My niece Sutton made the Christmas cake. We were so proud of her. Aunt Lisa and Bennett were her assistant chefs.

Our 2nd cousin Remi came over to spend Christmas evening with her cousins. We were thrilled to have her.

Going to the movies over Christmas is one of my favorite things to do. Here is an "Into the Woods" selfie taken with my favorite people.

And we also drove down to Montgomery and checked out the zoo lights. Here is me with my big girl on the sky lift. Notice that gap toothed smile. Someone lost her tooth over Christmas. And it wasn't me.

Mommy Suttle listening to Will read.

Wrapping up a wonderful Christmas season.

I hope you and your family had a very Merry Christmas and that you all have a healthy and happy 2015.

  And the angel said to them, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.  For unto you is born this day in  the city of David  a Savior, who is  Christ  the Lord.  And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby  wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger.”  And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!” When the angels went away from them into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, “Let us go over to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has made known to us.”  And they went with haste and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby lying in a manger.

Luke 2:10-16

No comments: