Thursday, June 6, 2013

8 Months Old

Y'all, my baby is 8 months old!! WHAT?

 And you know what's even crazier than that? The fact that when Bennett was 8 months old, I was a month pregnant with Will. And I was preparing to move 14 hours away from home. To a city where I did not know one person.

Deep breaths.

I don't know how I did it. I really don't.

But Lainey is happy and healthy and growing in beauty every day. She can crawl, get to a sitting position from laying down, babble, and find her paci and put it in her mouth. She is eating more and more solids and is loving trying new finger foods. She loves cheese, crackers, apples, bananas, squash, and carrots.

She adores her siblings and is generally just a very laid back baby. She rarely gets fussy and just kind of observes everything going on around her. She has to sleep with her paci, pink pillow, and blankie. She loves to read Brown Bear, Brown Bear and she loves when we all sing to her.
She has her bottom two teeth and then her upper eye teeth. It looks so funny. I don't know why her eye teeth came in on the top before her middle teeth, but she looks like a vampire. They have bothered her a whole lot though. She has had the hardest time with teething pain and now her front two upper teeth are coming in. Looks like we are in for some more sleepless nights. She also has major separation anxiety. I don't remember either Bennett or Will having it this young. But Lainey bursts into tears every time I leave her in the church nursery and then starts bawling when she sees me when I go back to get her. Melts my heart.


 Here is a video of Bennett making Lainey laugh. I didn't get the best part. By the time I grabbed my phone and started taking video, I had missed the best part. Isn't that always the way it happens?


And here is what I hear most mornings. Non stop squealing. Otherwise known as music to my ears. I love hearing this every day.


And here is a video of my Lainey bug crawling down the hall. We are so proud of her.

But can we just all agree that the next 8 months need to slow way down? Yup. We're all in agreement.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mercy! I hung out with this little angel when she was itty bitty! Look at her now!

Nate, Abbey, Noah, Blaire and Tatum said...

I can't believe she is crawling! Such a big girl! And what is it with the third baby and teething...Tatum has hated it as well and I do not remember my other two really losing sleep over it. Argh!