Monday, December 17, 2012

Things I need to Remember

Bennett: Are Mary and Joseph still alive?
Me: No, they died a long time ago. But they are in heaven now.
Bennett: Oh good! They get to be with their son forever. That's really good.


Will: Mommy, what are you going to be when you grow up?
Me: I am going to be your Mommy.
Will: No, when you grow up more.
Me: Your Mommy.
Will: NO!!! Like, your job! When you get to be a bigger Mommy.
Me: Well, I used to teach theatre to kids, so I'd like to do that again one day.
Will: Yeah, you need to do that. 'Cause Daddy has a job.
Me: What does he do?
Will: Ummm...umm.... he's a church guy.


Bennett: If God made us and He wants us to be good, why did He make bad guys bad? And if bad guys go to jail, do they get better or do they just stay bad?


Bennett: (talking to Lainey) I'm so glad you're my sister, Lainey. 'Cause now I have two helpers. Like if we are coming in the house and Mommy leaves the van door open and I left my things in there, now I have two helpers who can get my stuff so I can just go in and watch a cartoon.


Will: Mommy, I don't need a present for Christmas. 'Cause you are the best present I could want.
Bennett: WILLIAM! I was supposed to say that first!!!!


3 comments:

Jennifer @ Belclaire House said...

Oh my gosh these are adorable!!! Such sweet kids!

Laura Forman said...

These make me laugh!! I need to start recording some of the things my kids say...I love what comes out of their mouths sometimes...it makes the hard times just a little easier.

Lauren W said...

Laura- I know! That's why I had to write this down. This was all said just yesterday. They say so many things that I forget on a daily basis so this is my futile attempt to capture a few things. I need to do a better job of it.