Thursday, September 13, 2012

Put them in Soccer and Gymnastics and watch the differences come out.

Having my children 16 months apart has been hard in many ways, but the older they get, the more I love it. One of the best parts about it is they get to go to pre-school together, they love the same movies, and most activities allow them to be in the same class. That means they get to do stuff together and I don't have to keep one waiting while the other takes a class. Bonus.

I signed them up for soccer and gymnastics this Fall. It was a great way for me to meet people, get them involved, and plug us all into our community. Little did I know that differences in their personalities would emerge from these activities. I believe the results were captured in film this past weekend. I'll start with soccer.

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present my daughter at her first soccer game.

Excited to participate.

Focused.



Her eyes never left the ball.

Athletic and ready to go!


Staying with the ball even when her opponents fell by the wayside.

Job well done.

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present my son at his first soccer game.

Overly excited

Thinks he can pick up the ball with his hands whenever he wants

Content to use the ball as a lawn chair


More interested in cooling off than playing


Happy just to hang out with friends instead of kick the ball into the net


But at least they both had fun. In their own ways. And they loved playing together.


Okay, actually I am exaggerating a tiny bit. They both got hot, melted down, refused to play for awhile, wanted a snack, and generally looked like this.

But it was their first game and it was really hot outside. I was so proud of them for trying.

They seem to like gymnastics a little bit more. I am so impressed with the facilities here in Dothan and their instructors are really taking their time with them and teaching them the basics. It is the highlight of their weeks and they ask to go every day.




Look at that form! So proud of both of them. They are both growing up into such awesome kids and I love watching them learn and experience new things. Even if they go about it a little differently. :-)

1 comment:

Caroline Armstrong said...

I love your narrating...you make me feel like i am there!!! And I hear ya on the age difference...though instead of enjoying it mine just seem to be getting more and more competitive and didnt want to be on the same team at all!! :(