Saturday, February 25, 2012

Bennett's 4th Princess DIY Party

So, I normally get sappy around birthdays. But fortunately for you all I will spare you my sentimental cheesiness. If you are just feeling like you have to have a good dose of sentimentality, you can you read my post last year when Bennett turned 3. This year, I will save my thoughts for my personal journal. And I will sneak in Bennett's room tonight about 6 times to give kisses to my little girl on her last night as a 3 year old.

We had a princess party for Bennett today. She had asked if Ariel could come to her party and so of course we obliged. I called Disney World and asked if Ariel could come in on the afternoon carriage, and they were extremely accommodating.

We had Bennett's castle decorated and ready for the festivities. I made a bunch poms out of tissue paper and we wrapped tulle around all of the chairs. We did all of this when Bennett was asleep and when she came downstairs the next morning she said, "Oh, Mom! It's just like I imagined it would be." That sentence alone made any effort completely worth it.




 I made flags to line the walkway to the house so the little princesses would be greeted properly.
Plus Balloon Wreaths on the doors.


And I made a castle cake for the party. I am not a cake baker by any stretch of the imagination, but I have fun trying. The gel for the windows started sliding down and it wasn't as smooth as it could have been, but I love doing it and love making something special for my daughter.

  Then it was party time!! The princess was ready for her guests.
And Prince Charming was ready as well.


The royal family.
And my wonderful parents drove all the way from Alabama to be here for the party. It meant so much to me to have family members here and Bennett and Will were so happy to have their grandparents here.
Yay! Our friends are here!!
And then it was time for the big moment!! Princess Ariel came to see Bennett and you couldn't have found a happier 4 year old anywhere on this planet. Seeing her face was absolutely priceless.


Bennett even got to dance with her real Prince Charming.
Ariel is so awesome she even does face painting.
Sweet friends.
Prince Levi and all of the princess with Ariel.
Okay, I just LOVE this picture!! Love it, love it, love it!
You know why? Because it looks oddly reminiscent of a photo we took at Disney World a year and a half ago. Do you think someone loves Ariel?

After Ariel left it was time to cut into the castle cake!!
Someone was ready. Isn't this an absolutely beautiful shot of her? Has it really been 4 years since she was a tiny baby? Sigh.... okay, veering into sap. Pull it together Webster.
I love Bennett for so many reasons and this is #6590. She made her own little cake with her piece and stuck her candles in it as well as her favorite princess. :-)
Whew! Levi is relieved here.Will finally decided to stop playing trains in the basement and join the party. Levi was happy to have another guy around to discuss the problems of being little boys surrounded by girls.
Bennett with our dear family friend, Mary Haines.

Time for presents!!
Flowers from her best friend. Melts my heart.
Thank you wands for all the guests.
What a wonderful party celebrating my 4 year old. Three aren't enough words to express my love for this beautiful gift that God has so graciously given to us.

2 comments:

Brittny said...

Oh how I adore you and your passion for life and everything in it!!! You are the coolest mom ever! And I love how Bennett is so in love with Ariel. That little girl is precious!!! So glad she had the perfect party.

Andy, Melissa, Luke and Sam said...

Super cute party!! :) Happy Birthday Bennett!