Friday, March 11, 2011

Stuff and Such

Ladies and Gentlemen,

May I present the most rambling and nonsensical post ever. Here in no particular order are snapshots from the past few months of our life. I have no idea why I am posting them now, but I am. So, here we go.

These are the cupcakes I made on the night of the supberbowl. Ils ont l'air merveilleux, n'est-ce pas?

And some football rice krispie treats. Just for good measure.

Kisses before school. Or as my brother-in-law says, "ammo for their rehearsal dinners."

My daughter has become terrified of noises at night. Some are real noises. Some are imaginary. She relieves her fears by getting into bed with us. We do not find this arrangement suitable. So I have made her a bed beside our bed using her old crib mattress. And now she comes and gets in it all by herself whenever she is scared. I wake up many mornings to find her in her little bed. And she never wakes us up anymore. Brilliant.

My newest obsession. My potato corn chowder. I think I could make this 3 times a week and be happy. Here's the recipe if anyone is interested. It is Ah-May-Zing!

Our absolutely wonderful friends Mary and Terry Haines had 4 extra tickets to the Rascall Flats concert. We found out about these tickets at 6:30 on a Sunday night. The concert began that same night at 7:30. No prob. My parents were in town, so we threw on some boots, grabbed our best friends, Jerry and Jessie Pullins, and headed down to the Sprint Center. Yee-Haw!

Lead singer dude doing his lead singer thing.

So, this is what my shopping list looks like now after I began couponing. On this particular trip, it took me 2 hours to match my coupons to sales fliers. I headed out with this list and three separate stacks of coupons for three different stores.

Store #1- Hen House. I saved $48.92

Store #2- Target. I saved $17.72

Store #3- Price Chopper. I saved $28.66


It took me a long time to find coupons, 2 hours to match coupons to sales fliers, and 4 hours to hit three different stores. A lot of work, but on this grocery trip I saved $95.30. Not too shabby. That's 1/20 the cost of a trip to Disney World. We're almost there!!

And finally, I have a favor to ask of y'all. I am needing some prayers, friends. I am leaving in the morning to head to New York City to celebrate my sister's 40th birthday. We have also been promising my nieces that we would take them when they were 10 and 8 since they were babies. And that just happened to coincide with my sister's 40th. Here is a picture of me with my nieces 7 years ago celebrating our love for New York.



So, why the prayers? Because I have never been away from my children for more than 14 hours. That's the longest ever. I have changed a diaper every day of my life since February 26th, 2008. That's right. Let that sink in. And yes, I am thrilled for my very first trip away in three years, but oh, I am going to miss my little ones.

I may or may not have shed a tear tucking Will into bed tonight. I may or may not have read 3 extra stories to Bennett just to have extra time in her room. Yes, I need it and yes, it will be wonderful, but I can't wait to get home and have my arms full again.

But until then... start spreading the news....

1 comment:

starnes family said...

Enjoy it! Enjoy it all.

Love your random post.