Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christmas 2010

Well, we're home. After a 27 hour round trip car ride, 4 days at the beach, 5 nights in Montgomery, and 2 different nights in hotels, we're home. I don't have the energy yet to write about our trip. I think I am still wondering, "What in the world did we just do?" My fridge is empty, my van looks like Santa's sleigh exploded in it, there is mail all over our counter, and I have laundry up to my knees, but we did it.

We started our Christmas vacation in Seaside, Florida. We pulled in after a very long journey on Christmas Eve and my parents and my sister's family were all out in the streets waiting on us. It was probably the best moment of the whole trip. My nieces had my van door open in seconds and were pulling Bennett and Will out and hugging them. We immediately went caroling all over downtown Seaside and my sweet nieces handed out candy canes to anyone who passed by.

We went back in the beach house where my Mom had prepared the most wonderful dinner. It was just so good to be with family and catch up and laugh. Bennett got to sleep in a room with her cousin in twin beds and she was so excited about that. I was NOT excited though when my nieces were up at 5:30 on Christmas morning. Agony.

Poor Bennett didn't know what was going on and I had to wake Will up from a sound sleep when we finally let them downstairs at 6:00 am, but they had a great time seeing what Santa brought. I think my kids were a little overwhelmed. They weren't quite sure what to make of everything. But then Bennett saw her horse and Will saw his train and it was all over. They got it.

My brother-in-law cooked our traditional Christmas breakfast and then the rest of the day was bike rides, family presents, naps, and an amazing dinner that night.

Unfortunately it was cold at the beach. I mean, COLD! In Florida. How annoying is that? So we didn't get to get out and enjoy the beach as much as we would have liked, but we still had a great time. Here are some pics from part 1 of our Christmas vacation.

The five cousins all back together. Finally!

Will with his beautiful and sweet cousin

Christmas caroling in downtown Seaside on Christmas Eve. It doesn't get much better than that.

We came back to the beach house and everyone decorated their own cookie for Santa.

The finished result.

Reading 'Twas the Night Before Christmas and snuggling with family on the couch

And here they come. We finally let the insomniacs out of their rooms.

My nieces are about to die to go downstairs. Bennett is in the middle of a yawn and Will looks like he wants to shoot the person who just woke him up. Merry Christmas!

Isn't this great? I love this shot of them running down the stairs. What a classic Christmas moment.

Hmmm.... a train and a horse? I can get used to this Christmas thing.

I wish I could just freeze time and hold on to moments like these forever.

She's really not girly at all. I promise. Not at all.

And they're off to the races. Because in my house you need two of everything. Or there will be a fight every day. So we have two horses. Sigh.... but they still fight.

This picture is my daughter. It just is. A princess riding a horse. Sums her up to a tee.

Will is thinking, "I don't know who this Santa fella is, but I like his style."

Happiness is children on Christmas morning. I love every second of it.

Bennett and Will with their three older cousins who adore them and whom I personally miss so very much.

My parents with their five grandchildren.

Bundling up for a really cold bike ride

A little cold weather can't stop us. We are cycling fools.

Will getting a sweet ride on a horse. Pantless. Both Will and the horse.

We'll hang out on the beach no matter the weather. You just watch us.

Beautiful

This was Will's first trip to the beach since he started walking. He didn't know what to think about the sand.

My favorite fella.

Even though it was cold, Bennett absolutely loved playing in the sand. When you ask her what she liked best about the beach, she won't hesitate in telling you that it was the sand. She would have stayed there all day.

Braving the cold for a bike ride with Dad.

We'll eat ice-cream outside in December. We have no fear like that.

I think my daughter is actually licking the large disgusting cone. I don't know where she came from.

Hanging out on the upstairs porch of our house.

Me and my girl

My Family- Christmas 2010

4 comments:

Erin said...

BEAUTIFUL pictures - truly beautiful. Love the family shots..., love em'. I am honored to be related to y'all :) It was so good to see you sweet cousin. Love you so much.

Shannon said...

Wow, those are great pictures and looks like a fun family Christmas. Aren't older nieces great too?! I love the beach pictures. You can't even tell it was that cold, but I do believe you.

starnes family said...

I'm dying to go to Seaside. Now that I live "sea side", it seems like a far off goal. But, I'd love it!

Great pictures, Lauren. Always!

Anna said...

those last two pictures need a frame. so beautiful. that's one of the best looking families i know! i hope you're feeling better!!!