Friday, July 2, 2010

Birthday Boy

Last night we celebrated the birthday of my 1 year old little boy. We didn't mean to wear all blue, but then we thought it was fun because it was a way to honor little Will. Not really, but it makes us seem less nerdy.

Rob and his little buddy.

Showing off Will's smash cake. That's our friend Jerry in the background. Rob will not like me posting these because they are not cropped or photoshopped, but he is asleep and we have a busy day ahead, so there you go.

Our dear friends, Terry and Mary Haines. They knew us before we started dating, I baby-sat their children when they were babies, I have been in over 50 church skits with Mary in Alabama, they were at our wedding showers, at the hospital when Will was born, and now here for his 1st birthday. I don't know what I would do without them.

Opening presents. Bennett is drawn to anything Mickey Mouse like a moth to a flame.

Everyone watching Will open presents. There's my dog Meg in the middle annoying everyone.

Happy first birthday, my sweet little William.

My parents have been to every birthday party of all 5 of their grandchildren. This was the first one they had to miss, so they joined us over skype. Pretty awesome, huh?

Eating some food. There's my dog Kirby in the middle annoying everyone.

He's a pretty dainty cake eater. I almost smashed his face in it to get a better picture, but couldn't bring myself to do it.

He would rather his Mommy eat the cake. I had no problem obliging.

It's not a party until you cover the pregnant lady with balls in the hammock. Much more modern than pin the tail on the donkey.

Nikki and Whitby. Such beautiful friends chilling on a gorgeous summer evening.

Bennett could have cared less about cake, presents, etc... She was just thrilled that Levi came. She doesn't know what to do without her best friend.

Have I told you all how much I love this little guy? I hope he had the best first birthday possible. I can't wait to celebrate so many more with him. This is just the beginning, kid.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! You didn't let me photoshop the pictures!

Happy Anniversary, sweetheart! I love you!

Lori Mercer said...

Absolutely precious! Happy Birthday Will!! :)

Anna said...

happy birthday will!!! i LOVE that last picture!!!

Erin said...

LOVE the adorable pictures! Happy Birthday Will and Happy Anniversary to you and Rob!