Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Denial

Maybe if I just sit and think really hard and imagine that my house is entirely packed up, the medical records have been picked up, the oil has been changed in the car, the utilities have been cancelled, the much needed subscription to People magazine has been forwarded, the suitcases have been packed for the road trip, the insurance agents have been called, and the house has been cleaned for the renters, then it will really happen. Because heaven knows I am certainly not doing any of those things. Why would I when there's a pint of Ben and Jerry's in the freezer and a re-run of "The Office" on? I mean, really. Would you?

3 comments:

Carmen Andres said...

oh, man, i HATE moving. you go and eat that ice cream, girlfriend! you deserve it!!

Abby said...

Ice cream AND The Office... there's no hope! Thank you so much for finding time out of what I am sure is a crazy schedule to have lunch with us. I had a blast and wish we could have done it more often before y'all left. So great to hear someone have the same perspective and thoughts as me... we must talk more often!

Erin said...

Hang in there girl. You will survive this move..., I promise! We won't stop praying for all of you. We love yall so much!