Here are a few things my 2 year old has said to me this week.
-As I am belting out a song in the kitchen she turns to me and says, "I hear the animals making noises, Mama."
-"I poo poo on your pillow, Mama." Nice.
-While walking through Wal-mart, we pass a Hispanic teenager wearing a cast on his arm. Bennett gasps and says, "Look, Mama. There's your friend."
-My Mom was pushing Will in his stroller when suddenly Bennett grabbed the stroller and started running full speed ahead with a terrified Will strapped in his seat. When we called for her to come back she yelled, "NO WAY, MOMMY SUTTLE!!! BENNETT TAKE WILL-MEN! BENNETT TAKE WILL-MEN."
-And then finally, after a very rough day my Mom told her that Jesus wanted her to have a happy heart. Bennett turned to my Mom and said, "I no like Jesus."
So, it's been awhile. How's everyone doing? Hanging in there? Enjoying the last week of LOST? Voting for Lee Dewyze? How have I been doing you ask? Well, just hanging out in the ER, sleeping the days away doped up on vicodin, and hanging out in my bathroom duking it out with a bout of food poisoning.
But other than that, things are just fabulous. I had a set back with all of my back problems and I am still dealing with those, but I am almost back to fighting shape. I just have to thank my awesome friend Jessie who literally carried me upstairs when I couldn't walk, my parents who who just happened to be in town and took over with the kids, and my amazing husband who has been there every step of the way.
But enough about all that. Blah, blah, blah.... here are some recent pics taken in between all the craziness :-)
The Scene: I am in the kitchen making dinner. Bennett is playing on her slide. Will is crawling on the floor. Rob is on his laptop. Everyone is happy. All of a sudden Will starts screaming.
Me: What happened? Rob: He's fine. Me: Why is he screaming? Rob: He just fell down and banged his head on the side of the table. Me: Geez, Rob. Can you pick him up? Rob: It's not like he fell down the stairs or anything. Me: (counting to 10) Good point.
1. Eating hot french fries in the car when you leave a drive through. I thought when I had kids that I would always wait and eat our fries when we got home. I didn't want nasty and greasy stains all over our car. Whatever! Eating hot french fries as you are pulling out of the drive through are the best guilty pleasures of all! Let the stains commence.
2. Sticking my baby in a pack and play and letting him watch Baby Einstein while I grab another half hour of sleep in the morning. Actually, I don't feel guilty about that. That's called survival.
3. Disney Channel. I don't care what you think. I'm 31 and I will totally sit and watch a "Suite Life on Deck" marathon if I stumble across it. Actually, I will watch any Disney show. They remind me of TGIF. Remember that? Full House, Step by Step, Family Matters? Come on, you know you watched it. Well, only if you were a loser and didn't get invited to spend the night with anyone on that particular Friday night. But secretly you were glad because you got pizza and a dose of Uncle Jesse.
4. 48 Hour Murder Mystery shows. Just trying to keep my wits about me in case Rob tries anything funny. I will watch these for hours. I don't know why. That's why it's called a guilty pleasure.
5. Drinking all of the milk out of the bowl even after the cereal is gone. Okay, I think this is gross, but I am submitting it on behalf of my husband.
A few months ago, Rob and I were staying at our friends house in Missouri and it was the night before church. I asked my friend for one of these-
You all know what this is, right? You would have thought I had asked for a homemade pipe bomb. She told me that she never uses an iron. Ever. I was astounded. She did have one, but she had to dig it out and I think it was made in 1988. Rob and I have talked about that. I admired her for being able to shirk this chore, but I had no idea how she did it.
Fast forward to last night. I was talking to a bunch of ladies, and guess what? NONE of them iron. NONE! Not one! I was the only one there who knew how to use of these.
And yes, we dry clean, I shake things out before putting them in the dryer, I put things in a steamy bathroom, I smooth out wrinkles with my hand..... all of those things. But I still iron clothes at least 4 times a week. Even Will's little shirts.
Am I crazy? Does anyone else in the free world iron? What am I doing wrong? Am I a nerd for kind of enjoying it? Why has nobody told me about this before? I suppose none of you are washing dishes either. Vacuuming? Who does that when you can just use a lint roller on the carpet? I am going to start re-thinking my life and the purpose behind it.
A family of red heads. Of course. And quite a fun one at that. Oh, and our last name is Webster. Hence the name, "The Red Webs." You may now proceed with your blog surfing.
A theatre loving, football watching, book reading Mom of 3 who loves the Lord, her husband and her golden lab. In that order. Oh, and she thinks her kids are pretty great too. Five seconds of reading this blog should tell you that.
A guitar strumming, video editing, picture taking creative dude. He loves Jesus, coffee, his kids and he thinks his wife is prety cool too. He dislikes exclamation points, comic sans font and the letter K.
"For when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be strong in character and ready for anything. If you need wisdom-if you want to know what God wants you to do-ask him, and he will gladly tell you. He will not resent your asking."